Monday, August 25, 2014

The Beginning...



To think this all began shortly after I joined a running group and finished 7 miles with a severe UTI.  (Probably too much information to start with…but now that that’s out of the way, we can continue.)

Many of you reading this know me from back when I was in high school.  I was pretty sedentary.  I spend more time in the books than in the gym.  My favorite sport was softball because it required little running; defense on the soccer team was where I preferred to be (again, because of the minimal running required).  Nowadays, thanks to overhaul of my nutrition and the energy and natural high I get from a good workout, I rarely miss a workout.

Since April 2013, I’ve completed 5 triathlons (2 sprint distance, 2 olympic distance, and 1 half iron distance), 2 half marathons, and multiple smaller running races.  Next weekend I’ll be participating in my second half iron distance tri.  In October of this year, I’ll be running my first full marathon.  Then in January 2015, I’ll be participating in the Disney “Goofy” race (half marathon with a full marathon the next day).  All of this is leading up to Ironman Lake Placid 2015!  I never thought that a book smart, less-than-popular girl from a small town in “Upstate NY” would be participating in such a sought-after event.

Alas, it is time to sign-off and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment