Monday, August 25, 2014

The Books Planting the Seeds



In preparation for the Ironman (and in an effort to sharpen my mind), I thought I would checkout some books from my local library.  2 books that I’ve really gotten inspiration from are “You Are An Ironman” (about 6 ordinary persons’ journeys to hearing those much anticipated words) and “Life Without Limits” (authored by late-blooming triathlete Chrissie Wellington). 

From the first book I garnered the idea to start a blog (hence what you are reading) and to race for a cause (see right hand side for link).  I think that this is a great way to streamline my story so that everyone can feel that they are a part of the day.  I also think it’s a great outlet for the stresses of life and training.  The cause I am racing for is near and dear to my heart, and every police officers’.  Please consider making a donation to ensure that every fallen hero is given the proper remembrance.  

I’ve only begun the second book, but so far it has had a profound effect on me.  I connected with author Chrissie Wellington (but more on that in a later blog).

For now it is time to, yet again, get shaking and moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment